Win10 and G27

marmagas

xx.gif
Attention if you have Windows10 and the Logitech G27
« on: June 01, 2016, 03:22:04 pm »

I updated from W7 to W10 this past weekend. Everything went fine after right today when I entered Steam and rFactor2 the wheel wasn't being detected. Not only that, it was as if windowsarrow-10x10.png wanted to detect the wheel but couldn't (wheel doing it's auto diagnosis moving right and leftarrow-10x10.png but stopping sooner than normally). Also the led at the gear lever remained off instead of lit.
After checking the hardware was fine, wires and no bad connections I checkedarrow-10x10.png windows config and found that it was not detecting the wheel as a Logitech G27 but as "Logitech Driving Force USB" (in my case).

I the Checked the webarrow-10x10.png and found a posible reason to all of this. It seems some update within W10 ruins the config of the wheel.
The solution, I've just tried and got working (don't know how long it will last until W10 ruins it again), is to:

- Uninstallarrow-10x10.png the Logitech Gaming Software v.5.10 (Logitech Profiler).
    - Open Device Manager (Control Panel > System and Security > System > Device Manager).
    - Expand the collapsible tree for "Human Interface devices". Right-click on the "Logitech Driving Force EX USB" or any other "Logitech" related entries and select Uninstallarrow-10x10.png".
    - Do the same thing for the entry "Logitech Driving Force EX USB (HID)".
    - Close the Device Manager and unplug the G27 Racing Wheel.
    - Restart the computer.
    - Reinstall the Logitech Gaming Software v.5.10.127
for x32 bit OS: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510.exe
for x64 bit OS: ftp://ftp.logitech.com/pub/techsupport/joystick/lgs510_x64.exe
    - Plug the G27 wheel in a direct USB 2.0 port. (The reconfigure the profiler if necessary, e.g. removingarrow-10x10.png the detection for games at startuparrow-10x10.png)
    - Open the "Devices and Printers" section of Windowsarrow-10x10.png and check if the G27 Racing Wheel is properly detected.

https://forums.logitech.com/t5/Logitech-G-Controllers/G27-Windows-10/m-p/1438713